To live a healthy lifestyle, it is important that you complement exercise with a healthy and well balanced diet. You need to take food that is heart-friendly. The world is suffering from several illnesses and one of the killers today is heart associated diseases. Patients with heart problems and high blood pressure are growing in number. One main reason why this number is going up is not eating smartly. To reduce the risk of heart associated diseases and circulatory problems, you need to start changing your diet and eating healthy foods.
To help you towards your healthy lifestyle journey, here are some tips you can follow to help balance your diet:
- Choose your meat wisely. You have to learn the art of choosing the leanest meat possible. Choose the leanest cut meat (pork: loin chops and tenderloin), and make sure that your poultry products are trimmed and skinless. When preparing your meal, it is recommended that you do not use saturated fats or trans fats. You also need to remove any visible fat on your meat before cooking. If you are having poultry products, it is best you consume the white meat, and you may stick to chicken or turkey meat. Other poultry meats like goose and ducks have higher cholesterol content. Organ meats are very delicious, but you may need to keep away from these as they have high cholesterol content. When preparing your food, you might want to restrict your cooking method to grilling, broiling, or baking.
- You may want to stock your fridge with seafood, which you need to take at least twice per week. Fish meat is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which is can help reduce the risk of heart attacks and heart related diseases. Fish meat has low saturated fat content, which is still true to fatty fish. It is also recommended that you choose wild seafood over the farm grown seafood. And you may also want to drop preparing breaded fish and stick to the usual boiling, grilling, and baking.
- Dairy products with 2% or zero fat. It is best for your heart if you restrict yourself from consuming whole or 2% fat dairy products. Make a slow transition from whole-fat or 2% fat dairy product to lower fat, or zero fat milk products. When preparing your cheesy meal, it is best that you use skim milk products such as ricotta, mozzarellas, and other low-fat or fat-free dairy products.
- Decrease your consumption of partially hydrogenated vegetable oils. Decreasing your consumption of partially hydrogenated vegetable oils means decreasing your consumption of trans fat. You may use liquid vegetable oil instead of shortening. Use heart-friendly soft margarine substitutes instead of butter. And when buying cakes, crackers, cookies, muffins, pies, and French fries, do check the label and check if it contains saturated fats. If the product you are buying has saturated fat, you may have to find an alternative product.
- Cut your cholesterol intake. your daily dose of cholesterol should not go beyond 300mg. Ranch chicken eggs should be in your basket over other varieties.
- Cut down your sodium. Cutting your sodium consumption reduces the risk of heart problems and stroke. Too much salt on your food increases the risk of heart attack, stroke, high blood pressure, and heart diseases. You should limit your salt consumption to 2300 a day. When preparing food, you can replace your table salt with natural herb seasoning or salt-free seasoning. And you can add chili peppers and citrus fruit on your healthy meal to add more flavors to your meal.
- Eat fiber-rich foods. Fiber-rich foods help lower your blood cholesterol content. High fiber food intake would also lower your risk of developing diabetes and colon/rectal cancers. On a daily basis, you should take 24-35 grams of soluble and insoluble fiber in your diet. Foods that are rich with fiber are oat bran, oatmeal, peas, beans, barley, rice bran, peeled apples, berries, and citrus fruits. Insoluble fiber is present on whole wheat breads, bran products, cereals, turnips, carrots, cauliflower, cabbage, apple skins, beets, and Brussels sprouts.
Old habits die hard, thus saying goodbye to your usual eating habit may be difficult. However, if you want to start living a healthy life, you may want to start reading the label and opt for foods that are good for your heart. Your healthy lifestyle starts with the kind of food that goes in your mouth. Don’t try to forget buying Garciana Cambogia that is helpful in losing weight that makes you healthy!